In the recent years, there has been a huge spike in interest towards natural living. People across the globe have started replacing conventional chemical products with healthy, organic alternatives viz. natural beauty care products, natural detergents, bio-degradable packing materials etc.
As per the survey “Global Organic Soap Market 2019-2023” the organic soap market is growing at a CAGR of 8%. Moving forward, it looks like more people will switch to organic products to protect themselves from toxins and chemicals.
When it comes to self-care, soaps play a vital role in cleansing, nourishing, and rejuvenating the skin. However, most soaps in the market today are full of chemicals that can cause redness, infection, and dry skin. The soaps you use at home may also contain harmful chemicals and toxins like parabens, and SLS.
As there are millions who still blindly buy and use chemical-based soaps, we thought it is important to share our insights, regarding why natural organic soaps might be the better option.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORGANIC SOAP AND TRADITIONAL SOAPS
Organic soaps are manufactured at low temperatures using cold-pressed organic oils and other natural ingredients like Himalayan salt, essential oils, natural butters and clay.
These soaps are eco-friendly, gentle on the skin, and rich in nutrients that help maintain the natural glow of the skin. Natural soaps are also very rich in glycerin, which moisturizes the skin and keeps it young.
Conventional soaps, on the other hand, are made with soap noodles and chemical additives like sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, synthetic perfume and artificial coloring, which enhance the shelf life and functionality of the soap. However, they could also lead to adverse conditions like skin redness, acne, allergies, and dryness.
ROLE OF CHEMICALS IN CONVENTIONAL (CHEMICAL BASED) SOAPS
- Parabens- In soaps, parabens act as preservatives to increase the product’s shelf life. Parabens are also used in shampoos, and other beauty products. When used in excess, parabens can cause dry skin, rashes, blisters, and irritation.
- Phthalates- Phthalates are usually used to increase the durability of plastics. They can cause cancer, developmental and reproductive anomalies, and endocrine disruption.
- Petrochemicals-These are used as performance enhances in beauty products.Petrochemicals are linked to inflammatory responses in the body, and they increase the risk of free radical damage to our cells. Some petrochemicals are even included in the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of hazardous wastes.
- Synthetic perfume – Synthetic perfumes can result in headaches, eye, nose, and throat irritation, nausea, amnesia, and other respiratory and/or neurological symptoms.
- Artificial coloring – Artificial colors used on the skin can greatly increase the risk of sensitivity and irritation. They clog skin pores and cause acne. They could also permeate the skin to create permanent internal damage.
THINGS TO KNOW WHILE SELECTING ORGANIC SOAPS
- Choose all natural
Natural soaps provide the best cleansing and moisturizing effects. Multiple skin care products, like cleansers, acne treatments, and even exfoliators, can be replaced by just adding a good quality organic soap to your regimen.
It is necessary to examine the ingredients label on the packaging. Look for natural additives like essential oils as well as emollients like shea, castor, coconut, and olive. Make sure your soap’s ingredients are pure and devoid of any artificial preservatives.
- Check skin type
Before you choose any organic soap, consider your skin type. Some soaps have ingredients that suit a specific skin type. Take a patch test with your dermatologist to know if you have dry, oily, or combination skin before deciding on the type of soap to buy.
Best organic soaps to try in 2023
WHY TRUST CAMIA?
If you are looking for soaps that are organic and free from toxins, Camia is your best bet. Soaps from Camia are made with love and the goodness of nature. Each ingredient that is used in the manufacture of Camia soaps come from nature’s purest sources to offer you the care you deserve. Camia products are also chemical free, plastic restricted, 100% biodegradable and fair for life.
Natural soap offers various benefits to the skin. They are gentler, they always keep the skin hydrated, young and glowing.
If you want to experience just how fantastic a natural soap can be please buy them in our online shop.