Modern times, have gifted us with so many eloquent choices that sometimes converging upon something that is right & relevant becomes a daunting task. There are many dozens options for each concern and all of them claim to be superior to the other. Nonetheless, concerns especially those of skin and hair are burgeoning, and so are the number of individuals seeking solutions to problems.
According to Fortune business insight, the global skincare market is projected to grow from 100 billion to 145 billion by 2028 with a growth rate of 5.52%.
Given the above context, we shall attempt to declutter and simplify the topic of self-care to leave you with intuitive solutions that keep your skin and hair healthy.
WHAT IS THE RIGHT SKINCARE ROUTINE?
It is difficult to define a standard skincare routine that fits everyone, but broadly, a good routine is one that helps maintain the health and appearance of your skin, prevents skin problems, and delays skin ageing.
Factually, a daily routine that includes cleansing, moisturising, and sun protection is enough to keep the skin hydrated, toxin free and undamaged. Such a routine could also improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and give you a skin that is healthy, glowing and even tone.
“Also read – How to treat stubborn acne or reappearing of acne”
WHAT IS UNEVEN SKIN TONE?
Uneven skin tone refers to a condition in which the skin has discoloration or patches of different colours. Uneven skin tone can present in different ways. Some people may have patches of lighter or darker skin, while others may have a blotchy appearance with areas of redness or hyperpigmentation. It can also look like freckles, age spots, or patches of discoloration on the face, neck, chest, or hands. Overall, uneven skin tone can make the skin look dull and can affect a person’s confidence and self-esteem.
WHAT CAUSES UNEVEN SKIN TONE?
There are several factors that can cause uneven skin tone, including:
- Sun exposure: Excessive sun exposure can cause sunburns, freckles, age spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause, or due to use of birth control pills can result in the formation of dark patches on the skin.
- Genetics: Some people are predisposed to having uneven skin tone due to their genes.
- Skin conditions: Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis can cause redness, inflammation, and dark spots on the skin.
- Medical treatments: Certain medical interventions such as chemotherapy or radiation can cause skin discoloration.
- Skin irritation: Using harsh chemical-based skincare products, rubbing the skin too hard, or excessive sweating could result in skin irritation and discoloration.
Ageing: As we age, our skin naturally loses its ability to produce even pigmentation, leading to age spots and other forms of discoloration.
HOW TO EVEN YOUR SKIN TONE?
Uneven skin tone is likely to affect you at some point in your life, regardless of how well you take care of your skin. An uneven skin tone can sometimes be rapidly corrected. However, in most cases, balancing the skin calls for your time, attention, and disciplined efforts.
Whether you are a beginner in your skincare journey or a professional skincare enthusiast, the step-by-step process outlined below will come handy sometime or the other.
Skin cleansing is the process of removing dirt, oil, makeup, and other impurities from the skin using products such as soaps, face washes, face packs or scrubs.
Your daily skin care regimen should include cleansing your face because it clears skin pores and allows the skin to breathe.
Every individual has a different skin type, and every skin type has a different set of requirements. If unsure about what cleanser to use, consider incorporating sandalwood soap and cedarwood soap into your skincare regimen. They are one of the best face cleansers available in the market and help you wear your skin clean, clear, and confident.
- Has a woody-earthy aroma that is soothing and calming.
- Its anti-inﬂammatory properties work wonders in soothing skin irritations, and in alleviating other mild conditions like eczema and acne.
- Cedarwood Essential oil also possesses skin-cleansing properties which helps maintain a clear & youthful skin.
- Helps regulate oil production and prevent breakouts.
- Has a cool, rich, and exotic fragrance that is relaxing and stress-relieving.
- Sandalwood oil also moisturises dry and sensitive skin.
- Sandalwood oil works as an antiseptic, Sandalwood ﬁnds a wide variety of use; from healing conditions like acne, boils, burns, chapped skin to treating bacterial & fungal infections.
Skin toning refers to the process of lightening or brightening the skin, usually through the use of cosmetic procedures, in order to achieve a desired uniform skin colour or tone.
As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and starts breaking down. That is where essential oils become relevant. Essential oils are skin-loving when used in the right manner. They arrest skin ageing and helps in maintaining skin elasticity and skin tone.
Frankincense oil is believed to have astringent properties, which can help to tighten and firm the skin, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, it has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which may help soothe irritated skin and prevent breakouts.
Lavender oil similarly is known for its calming and relaxing properties, and it is often used to soothe dry or irritated skin. Lavender is also believed to have a regenerative effect on the skin, helping to boost cell turnover and promote a more youthful appearance.
NOTE – Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts. When using them on the skin, it’s important to dilute them with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or jojoba oil, to reduce the risk of skin irritation.
The skin naturally loses moisture over time, and this can lead to dryness, itching, or flakiness. Skin moisturization is important for maintaining the health and appearance of skin. Moisturization helps restore the skin’s natural barrier, sealing in moisture and protecting it from environmental stressors.
Coconut oil is considered one of the best skin moisturisers because it is rich in fatty acids, which helps nourish and hydrate the skin. The oil’s unique molecular structure allows it to penetrate deeply into the skin, providing long-lasting nourishment. Additionally, coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which can help soothe and protect the skin from environmental damage.
If you are considering using coconut oil as a moisturiser, apply Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to clean, dry skin, massaging it in until it is fully absorbed.
CLOSING TIPS FOR A HEALTHY SKIN:
- Cleanse daily: Cleanse your skin in the morning and at night to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. Use natural products as far as possible
- Wear sun protection: Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from sun damage. Avoid harsh chemicals if you can.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and use a moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated.
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and improve skin texture.
- Avoid harsh products: Avoid using skincare products that contain unfriendly ingredients, such as alcohol, that can dry out and irritate your skin.
- Get enough sleep: Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night to allow your skin time to repair and regenerate.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats can help improve the overall health of your skin.
- Manage stress: Chronic stress can negatively affect your skin. Manage stress through meditation, exercise, or yoga.
THE IMPORTANCE OF PATIENCE AND CONSISTENCY FOR EVEN TONE SKIN
Using natural skincare products and following a disciplined skincare routine will give your skin the best chance to blossom. Inconsistent product use, or use of harsh chemicals could be counterproductive. Also, improving the health and appearance of the skin takes time depending upon your overall health condition, type of your skin, and the products you choose. It may even be several weeks or months before you can see noticeable results. Beauty is not skin deep after all.
Also read – How to keep your skin youthful always